Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

Washi, Washi, Oh how I love thee....


So, what is Washi Tape? In case you have yet to encounter this amazingly versatile crafting supply washi tape is just what the name implies....tape. It has the feel of masking tape and come in a dizzying array of colors and designs. The word Washi comes from the Japanese words Wa-meaning Japanese and Shi- meaning Paper. Washi is generally made using the bark of the gampi tree. 

This paper tape is wonderful to use in paper crafts for a couple of reasons such as, before burnishing it into your paper it is repositionable, and it can add a great deal of interest to a solid background. It tears easily by hand and can be used to dress up raw chipboard simply by cutting around the edges. 

I have recently fallen in love with Washi Tape and it close cousin Deco Tape. Just looking at the many varieties gives me inspiration for my next project. So what follows is some of my favorite projects from around Pinterest Featuring Washi Tape. 


Picture
Picture
So, What do you think? Could you fall in love with Washi the way I did? What is your favorite use for this amazing do-it-all tape? Leave me a comment and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment. I Look foward to hearing from you.
~Ashley Crafty~