Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Buddy @ the Beach

I am not an everyday scrapper by any means. I pull my stuff out everyday but I always end up getting lost in reorganizing the stuff or just completely lost as to where to start. On some days I have a clear idea as to what I want to do but I just can't seem to translate that to what I have in front of me.

Today I sat down with a photo that I had been wanting to scrap for weeks and all I knew about the page I was about to embark on was that I wanted to try and use something other than white or cream for the background. So, after a thorough search of my limited paper supply I said I GIVE UP!! I got up and went to start putting everything away when I saw something sitting on the dresser in my room. My SMASH Book. I hadn't touched that thing in weeks but it is full of pretty paper so I opened it up and let it fall to a random page and Lo and Behold......Inspiration Strikes!!!

Blue for a Boy-Beach Page

The page that it fell open to was a blue graph paper design with fake stitching and doodles in the corners. PERFECT. I decided to leave the tattered edge from where I tore it out of the smash book.The easiest way to get the look of the notebook paper border punch ever!!  The only things I had originally intended to put on this page was the blue diagonal stripe paper behind the photo and the Adventure Sticker from Amy Tangerines Sketchbook Line (I have a lot of these stickers and thickers b/c I found them on sale at Micheal's for 75% off)

Wasn't he just the cutest kid???

Now I have the background paper and the Photo-Matt and I am stuck again. I used the phone numbers from a pack of Basic Greys Fact or Fiction line Chipboard Alphas. But I needed something to offset all the blue. *besides the kraft sheet underneath* So I pulled out a pack of Amy Tangerines Light Woodgrain Thickers that I could never make look right on anything and it was like kismet.

He kept the boogie board on his leg all week.
The "How Lovely" and >>Wish You Were Here>> Stickers both came from the Amy Tan's Sketchbook as well. However the original stickers were way to bulky for this page so I pulled them apart. With steady even pressure, lift up on one corner and the layers will start to separate.  After that I just added a few splashes of Mister Huey's Bookworm Green and called it done. This Layout came together amazingly quick. (for me at least)

For the journaling I chose to use just what I could remember from that trip which wasn't much considering that this picture was taken when I was 12. But thanks to Glitter Girl I decided that that was enough. So the journaling down the side says:
Jacob @ 6 yrs. old--Always Smiling. Flashing the classic double Peace Sign. I am amazed that he came out of the water for the picture!!
So, there it is. My "Wow, That came together fast Layout." Have you had a Layout recently that came together amazingly quick?? Have you ever torn a page out of something for your Scrapbook?? Let me know I am not alone and leave me a comment below.





3 comments:

  1. Fantastic layout! I love the colors and the title placement. Everything comes together so well here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jill. That means a lot coming from you!!!

      Delete
  2. very cute! I love the spiral page!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I Look foward to hearing from you.
~Ashley Crafty~